Complaints Procedure

Unhappy with our service?

At Intelligent Vehicle Finance, part of XLCR Vehicle Management Ltd, we pride ourselves on our extremely high level of service. Treating all customers fairly and exceeding your expectations at every level is at the heart of everything we do. Should the occasion arise where you feel unhappy with the service you receive from us, we would like to know.

Our procedure

We aim to resolve any complaint quickly and to your satisfaction. This procedure explains how we will deal with your complaint.

If you have a complaint

Please contact us:

Write   Customer Services Manager
XLCR Vehicle Management Ltd
XLCR House
35-43 Albert Road
Call   08000 833 711 or 01282 857 850

What is a complaint?

Any informal or formal complaint can be made if you are dissatisfied with any form of service you have received from XLCR Vehicle Management Ltd. Any complaint — verbal or written — will be referred to our complaints manager at the earliest opportunity, or to a member of senior management if the complaints manager is unavailable. We will also:

  • Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
  • Give details in our acknowledgement letter of the BVRLA's Conciliation Service and the Financial Ombudsman Service
  • Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
  • Fully investigate the complaint
  • Keep you informed of our progress
  • Discuss with you our findings and proposed response

You might express dissatisfaction to us about the product provider. We will need to establish whether or not your complaint relates to XLCR Vehicle Management, the account manager or the service or performance of the product provider.

If unclear, this must not delay the investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. The complaints manager will review this matter and take the complaint to the provider if appropriate in consultation with you.


Our complaints manager will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regard to the Financial Conduct Authority's direction:

  • Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
  • Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress

Eligible Complaints

It is our policy to treat all complainants the same, however, "eligible complainants" are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to. An eligible complainant has a potential claim against XLCR Vehicle Management where it believes it has suffered a financial loss due to poor advice or service, and is:

  • A private individual;
  • A "microenterprise" (a company with fewer than 10 employees, and an annual turnover or net worth of less than €2 million);
  • A "small business" (a company with an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million and which also has either a balance sheet total of less than £5 million, or fewer than 50 employees);
  • A charity with an annual income of less than £6,500,000;
  • A trust with a net asset value of less than £5,000,000; or
  • An individual who acts as a personal guarantor for a loan to a business they're involved in.

The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:

  • Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
  • Which relate to regulated activity; and
  • Which involve an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.

Our Response

If we can resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within three working days of receiving it, we will send you a Summary Resolution Letter. This will confirm the resolution of your complaint in writing, and in case you change your mind and later decide you are not satisfied with our response, we will include details of the BVRLA's Conciliation Service and, if you are (or we believe you may be) an eligible complainant, the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If we cannot respond within three working days, we will keep you informed of our progress until we are able to issue you with our Final Response. This will set out clearly XLCR Vehicle Management's decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered, a clear method of calculation will be shown. We will include details of the BVRLA's Conciliation Service and, if you are (or we believe you may be) an eligible complainant, the Financial Ombudsman Service.


We will analyse the root cause of any complaint and this will be recorded with the appropriate action having been taken.

Closing a Complaint

Where XLCR Vehicle Management receives confirmation from you that you are satisfied with the findings of the investigation and any resolution, the complaint will be considered closed. Where no confirmation has been received from you within 8 weeks of the our most recent letter, the complaint may also be considered closed.

Financial Ombudsman Service

We make it our priority to co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and we agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. We undertake to pay promptly the fees levied by the Ombudsman.

If you are an eligible complainant, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of our final response letter. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances, for example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

Write:   Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR
Call   0800 023 4 567 - calls to this number are now free on personal mobile phones and landlines
0300 123 9 123 - calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers

BVRLA Conciliation Service

As a member of the British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association, we are bound by their code of conduct, and you have access to their conciliation service. If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, you will be able to refer the matter to the BVRLA. As an approved Consumer ADR body, they will independently review the matter and report their findings. More information about the conciliation service can be found on the BVRLA's website.

Using the BVRLA's conciliation service does not in any way affect your right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are eligible.

Write   BVRLA
River Lodge
Badminton Court